Mic Solo Studios produces more than just art, it produces a lifestyle that’s in line with the gospel of Jesus Christ. As a part of this studio, we require that members be skilled in their craft, but also live a lifestyle that matches what they preach so as not to cause others to stumble in faith. Below are the requirements for all who work at Mic Solo studios, and are considered the face of the company*.
Requirements for Leading Members:
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ that is consistent and growing through prayer, Bible reading, and church fellowship.
- Demonstrate technical competence as either a singer, musician, artist, dancer, speaker or audio/visual media technician.
- For artists and musicians: Be committed to practicing twenty hours per week on repertoire and promoting upcoming events to network.
Must be free from:
- Alcohol and drug abuse. (Ephesians 5:18; 1 Peter 5:8)
- Sexually immorality, porn, and shacking up (Hebrews 13:4)
- Prideful attitude (Psalm 138:6)
- Anger/rage problems. (Titus 1:7)
- Inability to submit to leadership. (Romans 13: 1-6)
- Gossip and stirring up strife ( Ephesians 4:31)
- Dating non-believers (2 Corinthians 6:14)
- Filthy talk, coarse language, or joking ( Ephesians 5:14; Colossians 3:8)
Like any profession or service, there are requirements that must be adhered to in order to render service properly, think of those who join the military or special forces. They go through lots of training and must give up certain comforts in order to do their job well. We are not here to condemn you and will love you unconditionally, but as someone entering a leadership position, you will be judged more “strictly” (James 3:1). So as a leader, we must be free from the things mentioned above so not to cause others to stumble in their walk.
- Overly tight clothing
- For Women: no short skirts or short dresses.
- Sleeveless tops (without a covering).
- Revealing clothing (i.e., see-thru material without an undershirt).
- Proper footwear: polished shoes, dress running shoes.
- No gaudy/over-sized jewelry (anything that might be a distraction).
- Men: Nice shirt & pants: optional jackets, sweaters & vests.
- Ladies: Blouse & pants, skirt or dress (knee-length). No pants that are tight all the way to the ankle unless you wear a long top that goes mid-thigh. No gaucho or cropped pants of any kind.
- All: Nice dark dress jeans are also acceptable. Old & baggy jeans are not acceptable. No hats. ( subject to the environment)
- Colors: Stick to neutral tones: black & all grey tones, browns, light/dark blue, dark purple, white, and off-white. No loud prints.
- Be on time, and preferably 5-10 minutes early to rehearsal, sound-checks, and call-times.
- Learn your instrumental and vocal parts before you come to the rehearsal.
Thank you for reading, please leave feedback and suggestions. God Bless!
* This is different from a contractor. We may hire a skilled contractor who is a non-believer to record an instrumental, livestream, and perform other duties that don’t require them to lead the ministry.